Skip to main content

Lotus Bud Stitch: A new stitch, Spa Set pattern, and video tutorial


I've been holding on for a little while to tell you about this new pattern release because I asked my lovely friend Tasha, over at Startdust Gold Crochet, if she would feel like making a video tutorial for my newly invented crochet stitch. My what?! Yes yes, I believe I invented a crochet stitch! 💝

How often does one get the chance to invent a stitch? For me, probably once in a lifetime. Here she is: the Lotus Bud Stitch (Lbs), so named because its texture is reminiscent of a lotus bud.

The stitch is really simple, check out Tasha's blog about it here and her video tutorial on YouTube as well. And while you're there, Tasha is releasing stitch tutorials every week, maybe you'd like to sign up for her channel?



So after inventing the stitch, I wondered how I could show what this stitch has to offer. Depending on how you use it, you can make a wide variety of textures and I wanted to show you the different effects of working in the round or in rows. The Lotus Bud Spa Set is what I came up with.

The set consists of a face towel, a bath mitt, make-up remover pads and a tawashi scrubby sponge. Tawashi's are very versatile, you can use them in your bathroom but you can also make them into kitchen scrubbies. They are made by folding the fabric in a certain way. I made a photo tutorial with the spa set pattern for both, right- and left-handed people.

My pattern testers have been wonderful in showing off what is possible with these patterns and different yarns again. Check out there projects here.

There is a Pdf of the full pattern set available on Ravelry, Etsy and Love Crochet. And to celebrate the new stitch and video tutorial,  I offer a 25%  discount on Ravelry until the 27th of April midgnight (GMT+1), promocode: lotusbudlove. I hope you will enjoy it!

If you are going to make something using this stitch, I'd love you to tag us in your posts about it with hashtags  #LotusBudStitch #StardustGoldCrochet #LilinetteCrochet and #LotusBudSpaSet. This way, Tasha and I get to see all your lovely makes and cheer you on!

As usual, if you need help while making this pattern, you are welcome to ask for it below in the comments, contact me personally or come and find me on Ravelry or Facebook. On both platforms I have groups as well where I love to help you out.

Happy crocheting,
Lili 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom & Compassion Meditation Cushion

In Buddhism, compassion always goes with wisdom. Compassion without wisdom is not understood to be true compassion and wisdom without compassion is not true wisdom. Likewise, in Christianity, love is accompanied by justice. Love without justice is not regarded as true love and justice without love is not true justice.   Masao Abe - Buddhism and interfaith dialogue No matter what your beliefs are, is this not a life lesson to keep close to our hearts and minds? I believe it is and I believe we need more of it in our world. So it inspired me in my design for this meditation cushion.   Designing this cushion took me a long time. Not because of the complexity of the crochet stitches or the difficulty of keeping the circles flat. No, I think that everyone, including beginners, can follow this pattern and make this cushion. The difficulty I experienced was in finding a way to have the wisdom side of the cushion merge with the compassion side. I wanted to use a new technique,

Poncho Pattern Secret Paths and Hidden Daisies

This is my first big crochet project to share with you. Yay! It has a loving history, Let me tell you a little bit about it. Last December, I crocheted a beautiful shawl designed by Johanna Lindahl of Mijo Crochet . The shawl was called Secret Paths, and you can find the pattern here . I crocheted this shawl for my grandmother, who has just turned 92 years old. She is a wonderful inspiration in my life. A woman who knows how to move from adulthood to old age with grace, dignity and loving kindness. And it so happens that my grandmother loves pink! So I set out to collect some colours and made her the pink shawl. As these things go... I had yarn left and wondered what to do with it. The shawl was fairly chunky with all the thick yarn and doubling of strands I used. It made me think that it would do great as a poncho as well. But Johanna never designed a poncho and had no plans to do so either. Happily I like a challenge... Plus, it would give me the chance to design it wi