Skip to main content

Mists in Spring Kimono Tunic


We had such a lovely sunny spring day today... it must have been a sign! ;-)

I have been waiting very patiently (uhm....nope ;-)) during the last few weeks for my testers to complete their tunics and give me all corrections on my pattern. Now that the work is done I can finally write this blog. I can't tell you how happy I am to share it with you. This tunic has been such a pleasure. To design and make first of all, but also to wear and to share with my testers. They have made some different yarn choices using silk blends which make this tunic even lighter and I just love to see what others do with a pattern and how beautiful the results turn out.

Mists in spring is a classic lacy kimono tunic featuring the shyness of new life in spring. It is an easy to customize garment, very flattering for all shapes. The tunic is meant to be worn over a simple tank during warmer days but can also be worn over a long-sleeve top when the air becomes chilly.

Skill level required is advanced beginner to intermediate. Special stitches are a variation on the drop stitch/loop stitch and a basic form of broomstick lace for the edge. I made you a video tutorial to explain how to make your loops, and a photo tutorial shows how to do the broomstick lace.

Tools required are crochet hooks 4 and 5 mm/US: G and H, a ruler or broomstick or bulky knitting needle (US Size 50 (25mm) or any other tool you can find to make even 3cm high loops (explained in pattern) and stitch markers.

Although a 100% cotton and cotton/wool blend have been used for my model pattern, an even lighter result can be obtained using DK weight silk, rayon or bamboo. For best results, natural fibers should be used to get the full benefit of blocking out the loops.

The pattern is available in S/M/L/XL and XXL. It is not difficult to adjust the size of your waistline, instructions are given in the pattern itself. I do recommend to have a good look at the measurements below and measure your own body to see which size fits you best.

 Size S (M, L, XL, XXL) fits 88 (98, 108, 118, 128) cm (34.5 39.5, 44.5, 49.5, 54.5 inch) bust circumference (meant to be worn loosely). Tunic measures 137 (142, 147, 152, 157) cm (54 56, 58, 60, 62 inch) from cuff to cuff, across shoulders, including sleeve edges. It is 67 (67, 77, 77, 77) cm (26.3 26.3, 30.3, 30.3, 30.3 inch) long. Tunic shown is a size XL.

There is a Pdf of the full pattern available on EtsyRavelry and Craftsy. I hope you will enjoy it! And if you need help while making the tunic, please ask for it below in the comments, contact me personally or come and find us on Facebook, where we have a lovely and growing group of crochet enthusiasts, helping each other out.

Do you like this pattern and feel like seeing more of my creations? Feel free to sign up for this blog where I promise not to spam you, but only share my patterns, or come and find me on Instagram (@Lilinettecrochet), Etsy, Ravelry and Craftsy.

As always: happy crochet!

Comments

  1. Absolutely loved making this for my friend. Cannot wait for her to get it. Will be posting next week to her, so I’ll let you know. Pretty easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so loving your resulting tunic Marie! If people want to see what it looks like, you can find Marie's project on Ravelry here: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/MsMarie2U/mists-in-spring-kimono-tunic. Hopefully she will make a pic Marie, would love to see it on her! ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom & Compassion Meditation Cushion

In Buddhism, compassion always goes with wisdom. Compassion without wisdom is not understood to be true compassion and wisdom without compassion is not true wisdom. Likewise, in Christianity, love is accompanied by justice. Love without justice is not regarded as true love and justice without love is not true justice.   Masao Abe - Buddhism and interfaith dialogue No matter what your beliefs are, is this not a life lesson to keep close to our hearts and minds? I believe it is and I believe we need more of it in our world. So it inspired me in my design for this meditation cushion.   Designing this cushion took me a long time. Not because of the complexity of the crochet stitches or the difficulty of keeping the circles flat. No, I think that everyone, including beginners, can follow this pattern and make this cushion. The difficulty I experienced was in finding a way to have the wisdom side of the cushion merge with the compassion side. I wanted to use a new technique,

Poncho Pattern Secret Paths and Hidden Daisies

This is my first big crochet project to share with you. Yay! It has a loving history, Let me tell you a little bit about it. Last December, I crocheted a beautiful shawl designed by Johanna Lindahl of Mijo Crochet . The shawl was called Secret Paths, and you can find the pattern here . I crocheted this shawl for my grandmother, who has just turned 92 years old. She is a wonderful inspiration in my life. A woman who knows how to move from adulthood to old age with grace, dignity and loving kindness. And it so happens that my grandmother loves pink! So I set out to collect some colours and made her the pink shawl. As these things go... I had yarn left and wondered what to do with it. The shawl was fairly chunky with all the thick yarn and doubling of strands I used. It made me think that it would do great as a poncho as well. But Johanna never designed a poncho and had no plans to do so either. Happily I like a challenge... Plus, it would give me the chance to design it wi

Lotus Bud Stitch: A new stitch, Spa Set pattern, and video tutorial

I've been holding on for a little while to tell you about this new pattern release because I asked my lovely friend Tasha, over at Startdust Gold Crochet , if she would feel like making a video tutorial for my newly invented crochet stitch . My what?! Yes yes, I believe I invented a crochet stitch! 💝 How often does one get the chance to invent a stitch? For me, probably once in a lifetime. Here she is: the Lotus Bud Stitch (Lbs ), so named because its texture is reminiscent of a lotus bud. The stitch is really simple, check out Tasha's blog about it here and her video tutorial on YouTube as well. And while you're there, Tasha is releasing stitch tutorials every week, maybe you'd like to sign up for her channel? So after inventing the stitch, I wondered how I could show what this stitch has to offer. Depending on how you use it, you can make a wide variety of textures and I wanted to show you the different effects of working in the round or in rows. The