Skip to main content

El Capuchon


Hello lovely people! Here is my very last release of the year and my first release, especially designed for men. Well... to be completely honest with you... especially designed for The Man in my life 💗! Isn't he looking stunning?! 😍

I am going to keep it short today because so far, the holidays have been tough on us. We are both floored with a heavey flu since over a week and there are so many things piling up which I'd like to do before this year ends... I feel a little rushed, need to keep going!

A ‘capuchon’ is the French, Spanish and Dutch name for a hood. As I said, this particular one was designed for ‘him’, but don’t let that keep you from making one for her as well 😉. The hooded cowl pattern is worked in one piece, from the bottom of the neck upwards, up until the chin and then downwards again on the inside of the cowl, to finally create the hood upwards. Slightly rounded shaping is added, making sure the hood is not ‘just’ an enormous rectangle falling off the back of your head. You can make this hooded cowl in such a way to fit your neck and head precisely. All through the pattern there are notes added with instructions to lengthen or shorten your cowl or hood and to make the hood tighter or wider around the face.

I made this example in different colours (all specified row by row in the pattern) but my testers have made some versions in uni/variegated colours and I love them too (You can check out their project pages on Ravelry)! A #4 medium yarn (Aran/ Worsted weight) in as many colours as you like will do. The pattern includes detailed instructions to adjust El Capuchon to your liking as well as measurements and instructions for child sizes.

The year is coming to an end. It's been amazing for me and I have many plans for the year to come! The first thing I'll be doing in the 2019 is hosting a CAL for the Collar Cowl Capelet I designed a few months ago. The CAL will last from the 4th until the 15th of January in the 'Crochet-A-Long-With-Us!' Facebook group. It's a lovely CAL group with some talented designers and we will be hosting CAL's for you there every month. To kick off this one, I am giving away a free copy of my own pattern. You can still enter the giveaway there. I'll be choosing a winner tomorrow, the 29th of December at midday (Paris time).

As usual, if you need help while making this pattern, you are welcome to ask for it below in the comments, contact me personally or come and find me on Ravelry or Facebook. On both platforms I have groups as well where I love to help you out.

There is a Pdf of the full pattern available on Ravelry, Etsy, and Love Crochet. I hope you will enjoy it!

Happy crochet,
Lili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom & Compassion Meditation Cushion

In Buddhism, compassion always goes with wisdom. Compassion without wisdom is not understood to be true compassion and wisdom without compassion is not true wisdom. Likewise, in Christianity, love is accompanied by justice. Love without justice is not regarded as true love and justice without love is not true justice.   Masao Abe - Buddhism and interfaith dialogue No matter what your beliefs are, is this not a life lesson to keep close to our hearts and minds? I believe it is and I believe we need more of it in our world. So it inspired me in my design for this meditation cushion.   Designing this cushion took me a long time. Not because of the complexity of the crochet stitches or the difficulty of keeping the circles flat. No, I think that everyone, including beginners, can follow this pattern and make this cushion. The difficulty I experienced was in finding a way to have the wisdom side of the cushion merge with the compassion side. I wanted to use a new technique,

Poncho Pattern Secret Paths and Hidden Daisies

This is my first big crochet project to share with you. Yay! It has a loving history, Let me tell you a little bit about it. Last December, I crocheted a beautiful shawl designed by Johanna Lindahl of Mijo Crochet . The shawl was called Secret Paths, and you can find the pattern here . I crocheted this shawl for my grandmother, who has just turned 92 years old. She is a wonderful inspiration in my life. A woman who knows how to move from adulthood to old age with grace, dignity and loving kindness. And it so happens that my grandmother loves pink! So I set out to collect some colours and made her the pink shawl. As these things go... I had yarn left and wondered what to do with it. The shawl was fairly chunky with all the thick yarn and doubling of strands I used. It made me think that it would do great as a poncho as well. But Johanna never designed a poncho and had no plans to do so either. Happily I like a challenge... Plus, it would give me the chance to design it wi

Lotus Bud Stitch: A new stitch, Spa Set pattern, and video tutorial

I've been holding on for a little while to tell you about this new pattern release because I asked my lovely friend Tasha, over at Startdust Gold Crochet , if she would feel like making a video tutorial for my newly invented crochet stitch . My what?! Yes yes, I believe I invented a crochet stitch! 💝 How often does one get the chance to invent a stitch? For me, probably once in a lifetime. Here she is: the Lotus Bud Stitch (Lbs ), so named because its texture is reminiscent of a lotus bud. The stitch is really simple, check out Tasha's blog about it here and her video tutorial on YouTube as well. And while you're there, Tasha is releasing stitch tutorials every week, maybe you'd like to sign up for her channel? So after inventing the stitch, I wondered how I could show what this stitch has to offer. Depending on how you use it, you can make a wide variety of textures and I wanted to show you the different effects of working in the round or in rows. The